Friday, January 25, 2008

Another Priceless Peptalk

Two brothers, home after a long season on the road, stand in the backyard of their childhood home in Louisiana tending to a barbeque. Both hold cans of fine Busch Bavarian Beer

Peyton: All I’m saying is, you shouldn’t be nervous. When it’s your time, it’s your time.

Eli: Nervous? I’m not nervous.

P: See, that’s the attitude you have to fight against. You’re gonna do fine.

E: No, really. I’m not nervous. I’m excited.

P: I know what you’re thinking, because everyone is thinking it.

E: What are you talking about?

P: “If Peyton hadn’t been plagued by injuries this year, I wouldn’t even be going to the Superbowl.”

E: When did you get hurt?

P: No, I mean… For example, I blew out my shoulder wrestling a suspected home intruder to the ground three weeks ago, and it turned out to be my favorite aunt.

E: What!? Aunt Mildred? I didn’t hear anything about that.

P: I know that you think it should be me out there next week.

E: I really don’t think that.

P: I know you don’t think you’re as good as me, nobody does and maybe you aren’t, but you just gotta go out there and find your strength. It might not be the same strength that I have, but there’s gotta be something. Focus on the running game!

E: Fuck you.

No comments: